Sunday, June 29, 2008

Merrell/Zanfel Adventure Completes Primal Quest


PHOTO COURTESY OF PRIMAL QUEST/WILL RAMOS

Six days, 2 hours and 10 minutes. That's how long team Merrell/Zanfel Adventure was on the Primal Quest Montana course. Well behind team Nike, but hours ahead of teams battling for third place, it's very likely that Merrell/Zanfel Adventure will in fact be awarded second place.

I was here in the Huntley Lodge at Big Sky, updating blog posts, when I heard a cheer outside. Sure enough, here comes Merrell/Zanfel Adventure! I packed up my laptop and camera and ran for the finish line, but they beat me by about a minute. A big thanks to Will Ramos, Primal Quest's director of photography, for providing the shot above to the media.

Support crew Jeff Akens and Ryan Floth arrived at the finish line just after I did, so they missed the big finish as well. That's all right. All Jeff and Ryan care about is that their team is done, and that everyone is still in one piece.

To view my gallery of Merrell/Zanfel Adventure finish line photos, click through to my Flickr photostream.

1 comment:

Christie Sym said...

Top work team, great to see you smiling across the finish line! I was very envious watching all the way from back here in Aus, although not at all envious of Robyn's little toe! Rest up now you all deserve it!
Christie x